Recipe by @peanutbutterpluschocolate
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein (about 40g)
- 2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp. almond milk
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 DETOUR SIMPLE™ Caramel Peanut Bar
- Prepare your waffle iron with non-stick spray and turn on medium-high heat.
- Mix all ingredients together (except bar) starting with the dry and then adding the wet. Mix until smooth
- Place the bar between two pieces of parchment paper, flatten using a rolling pin and then cut in half.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the waffle batter into the center of the iron, place one of the flattened bar halves onto of the batter and cover with another ¼ cup batter.
- Cook until golden brown and crispy
- Repeat with remaining batter.
(Makes 2 small (toaster size) waffles or 1 large (Belgian size) waffle):
Fat: 14 grams,
Carbs: 29 grams,
Protein: 40 grams